Tuesday, November 1, 2011

How do you decide?

I've recently revised a chapter from my very first novel and found myself asking others to read and tell me which version they liked better.  Not sure that was such a great idea.  :(


I found that half prefered the original version and other half the revised version.  This leaves me a bit confused on how to proceed with this project.  Do I rework it again or leave it? 

I am not sure if either version is necessarily wrong, or if it is purely basic reader preferences.  Thus leaving me wondering, "What do I do?".

How can I know which version is better?  Which version would be good enough to publish?  Whose right?

All I know is that I've sat on this story for a while and haven't had the nerve to send it in yet.  I've even gone on to write and complete two others and working on my fourth.  Uggg.

Maybe it will all come together once I complete this current novel.  Then maybe I can focus all my energy on getting this first story, 'just right'.  Then, just maybe, I can be finished with it.

2 comments:

  1. You have a fabulous blog! I’m an author and illustrator and I made some awards to give fellow bloggers whose sites I enjoy. I want to award you with one of my homemade awards: the Powerful Woman Writer Award. There are no pass along requirements. This is just to reward you for all the hard work you do!

    Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
    ~Deirdra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deirdra! That is so very sweet of you! I've been so busy with other projects that I have failed to keep my blog as updated as I would like. Thank you for the encouragement. It put a smile on my face. :)

    ReplyDelete